Cody Sisco is an author, editor, publisher, and literary community organizer.
As an author, Cody’s speculative fiction straddles the divide between plausible and extraordinary. His Resonant Earth Series includes two novels thus far, Broken Mirror and Tortured Echoes, and a short story prequel, Believe and Live. Altered Bodies, the third volume in the series, is due out in 2022.
In 2017 Cody co-founded Made in L.A., an indie author co-op dedicated to the support and appreciation of independent authors. His imprint, Resonant Earth Publishing, markets and promotes the Made in L.A. annual fiction anthology.
Cody is a Los Angeles Review of Books / USC Publishing Workshop 2017 Fellow and a co-organizer of the Los Angeles Writers Critique Group. His startup, BookSwell, makes the LA literary landscape easier to navigate, introduces readers to new writing, and interweaves digital and real-life literary experiences.
- “Call Us Home,” Made in L.A. Vol. 3: Art of Transformation, Resonant Earth Publishing, Oct. 27, 2020
- “Face,” Made in L.A. Vol. 2: Chasing the Elusive Dream, Resonant Earth Publishing, June 1, 2019
- “Little Woman,” “Unquiet Baggage,” and “Salt in the Hell Mouth,” Made in L.A. Vol. 1: Stories Rooted in the City of Angels, Resonant Earth Publishing, May 31, 2018
- Tortured Echoes, Resonant Earth Publishing, March 25, 2017
- Believe and Live, Resonant Earth Publishing, July 22, 2016
- Broken Mirror, Resonant Earth Publishing, January 2, 2016
- 7 Tips for Forming an Indie Author Co-Op, Self Publishing Advice Center, Alliance of Independent Authors, May 12, 2017
- Beyond Critique Groups, Indie Author Day blog, May 4, 2017
- The NICE Consumer Framework for Achieving Sustainable Fashion Consumption Through Collaboration, BSR and the Danish Fashion Institute, May 2, 2012
- Supply Chains and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises: Discussion Paper on Responsible Supply Chain Management, 10th OECD Roundtable on Corporate Responsibility, June 30, 2010
- Women’s General and Reproductive Health in Global Supply Chains, Business for Social Responsibility, 2006
- “Modern Love.” Positive Visions: day without art. Edited by Lorie Novak. New York: NYU Center for Advanced Technology, 2001.
- “Lover.” transfer 81. Edited by Mieke Eerkens. San Francisco: San Francisco State University, 2001.
- “Backyard Bricklayer.” Fourteen Hills, 8 No. 2. Edited by Julian Kudritzki. San Francisco: San Francisco State University, 2002.
- “Lessons.” Fourteen Hills, 8 No. 2. Edited by Julian Kudritzki. San Francisco: San Francisco State University, 2002.
- Working With the Local Writing Community, Los Angeles Public Library, October 8, 2019
- Meet the Authors Behind Made in L.A., L.A.L.A. Society, June 15, 2019
- Best Reviewed Books of June, IndieReader, July 5, 2018
- Signal Boost #33, The Skiffy and Fanty Show (a podcast), Feb. 20, 2018
- AHF Interviews Cody Sisco, AHF (Alterate History Fiction) Magazine Issue 3, December 22, 2017
- Science Fiction and Fantasy: Alternate Future by Alan Keep, IndiePicks, November 2017
- Local Author Spotlight on Cody Sisco, Los Angeles Public Library, August 14, 2017
- Meet Cody Sisco: A Q&A with the author of Broken Mirror and Tortured Echoes, Altered Instinct Blog, March 17, 2017
- Sep. 19, 7:30 pm: Last Bookstore (media coming soon)
- Sep. 14, 3:30 pm: Silver Lake Library | Watch Now on YouTube
- Made in L.A. at Gastby Books, Aug. 24, 2019 | Watch Now on YouTube
- Celebrating Indie Authors at Stories Books & Café, Aug. 9, 2019 | Watch Now on YouTube
- BookSwell pop-up bookstore at the LitLit Fair, Hauser & Wirth, July 20 & 21, 2019 | Listen Now
- Chasing the Elusive Dream launch party at Skylight Books, July 19 | Listen Now on iTunes
- Made in L.A. Booth #835 at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, April 2019
- Running Wild Press reading at AWP 2019, Portland, March 27, 2019
- BookSwell and Made in L.A. workshop at Loyola High School’s Social Justice Week Literary Fair, March 19, 2019
- Made in L.A. Vol. 1 Reading at Stories Books and Café, September 11, 2018
- Lyrical Flames, Jones Coffee Roasters, June 30, 2018
- Made in L.A. Booth #835 at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, April 2018
- homo-centric reading, Stories Books & Café, March 27, 2018
- Made in L.A. Trivia Night at LA Lit Crawl, October 25, 2019
- Made in L.A. Indie Author Day Panel, October 14, 2017
- Made in L.A. Booth #835 at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, April 2017